We organise a series of club events throughout the year. These are not formal training occasions, but we try to make them as constructive as the crew wish. The skippers may not be RYA qualified, but they are all very experienced cruising skippers, with a long club history, and they enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with others.
Here are the highlights of the 2018 programmme:
- Boat out of the water, working parties required - Thursday 8th - Monday 26th March.
- Safety First - 23rd March This is shore based 7pm
- Skippers Refresher - Friday Night 20th April - Sunday 22nd April
- Skippers Masterclass - Friday Night 11th May - Sunday 13th May
- Meet the Regions -Friday Night 18th May - Sunday 20th May
- Beat the Clock - Friday Night 8th June - Sunday 10th June
- Janes weekend - Friday Night 6th July- Sunday 8th July
- Introduction to Sailing - Friday Night 17th August - Sunday 19th August
- Crossley Cup - Friday Night 31st August - Sunday 2nd September
- Summer Cruise - Sunday Night 9th September - Sunday 14th September
- Night Sail - Friday Night 12th October - Sunday 14th October
Please contact Ian Hyde if you have any questions 07974349331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details of the 2018 programme please (Click Here)
As a Club we insist on having a "look" at skipper candidates before we let them out on their own on our boats.
Our intention is to have a "look" at skippers “on demand” although it is not always possible to achieve this. Your best bet, however, is to organise yourself a crew, get some possible dates, and then phone us to organise the day. Cost per candidate is £50.00.
Please remember that we do want people to qualify as skipper, or to upgrade. Without skippers the boats will just sit there. The standards we look for in our A, B, & C tickets are similar to the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore, RYA Yachtmaster Coastal and Day Skipper levels.
It is worth stating that we do like people to have genuinely been a skipper, with standalone responsibility, before seeking an upgrade. It is seldom sufficient just to have done another course or to have sailed as mate on a few trips.
Please feel free to phone as below to discuss:
Andy Morrill on 07775541653 or e mail: Andy Morrill